RSS

Bean Salad Sandwich

Ok, I've been seeing ads everywhere for chicken salad sandwiches lately.  The apples and grapes on the sandwiches look so good!!  But no chicken for me!  So... I have decided to create my own sandwich.  It actually turned out very well, at least in my opinion.  I am usually the only one around for lunch, but my husband took a bite the other day and thought it was good!  So here is an adventurous sandwich for all of you to try if you are brave enough.  I have made it a few times and can't wait to have it again soon!  A little note:  I have found this can be messy if you put too much on your sandwich -  pitas would work really well for this sandwich.

Bean Salad Sandwich
Makes 2 sandwiches (or 1 large sandwich)

1/4 cup chopped apple
12 grapes cut in 1/2
1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
1/3 cup navy beans
1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped celery
1 tsp chopped parsley
1 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp. veganaise (more if you like)
salt and pepper to taste
handful of spinach

Mix all the ingredients together except for spinach.  Spread it on your favorite bread (pita would work really well with this because it can be a bit messy).  Top with spinach and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment