RSS

No Chicken Noodle Soup


This soup is about as easy as it gets!  So if you are in need of some comfort food and something to warm your soul this is the recipe for you!  It takes maybe 20 minutes from start to finish and the result is very pleasing.  My family loves pasta that comes in various shapes.  They seem to be heartier and brings out the kid in you. Isn't that what chicken noodle soup is all about anyway!?!  My favorite place to get pasta is at Cost Plus, they have shapes for the current holidays and other fun ones.  As you can see in this picture it was March, because of the shamrocks!  It's not the best picture because my camera battery was quickly dieing and I had only a second to take it, but I will update with better pictures in the future!

No Chicken Noodle Soup
Makes: 4-6 servings  (My family of 4 devours the whole thing!)

Ingredients
8 cups water
3 Tbsp. no chicken bouillon
2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
2 medium stalks celery, sliced (1 cup)
¼ c chopped onion
8 oz. favorite pasta (shapes)
Fresh or dried parsley

Directions
Combine the water and bouillon in a large pot.  Add the carrots, celery and onion and bring to a boil.  Add the pasta and turn down to a simmer; cooking until the pasta is al dente.  Add the parsley and stir. 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing and so simple! I'm allergic to wheat so I will have to switch out the noodles for gluten free or maybe take out the noodles completely and pour it over rice?

Elisa said...

Amanda, I think rice would be delicious in this! If it were me I would either cook the rice in the soup, or add already cooked rice toward the end of cooking the soup - just enough to heat the rice. I would put the rice in right away though if you are going to cook it in the soup. Thanks for the nice comment!

Anonymous said...

I didn't even think to cook the rice in with the soup. Thanks for the idea! I'm definitely going to make this for my family. I'll let you know how it turns out :)
All your other recipes are amazing too. Do you make a lot of them up as you go or are there certain sites you use?

Elisa said...

Your welcome! :) I hope you like the recipe, we have had it a few times and it is one of our favorites to eat!
As far as my recipies go, I do make some of them up as I go, but I am still learning. I am pretty new to this vegan thing (2 years now) so I am still trying to figure out how to cook things my family will love. I do a lot of looking online and through the library. A lot of the recipes I adjust to fit my family. I am hoping to be a pro at this someday! LOL!

Post a Comment