RSS

Raviolis


My girls love raviolis - it is one of their favorite things to eat.  They often ask for me to make them for dinner.  I haven't had any luck finding any vegan versions at the grocery store so I have had to get a little creative.  I don't want my girls to feel like being vegan you are missing out on anything, so I try to accommodate them when I can.  So I have come up with a delicious alternative to the traditional ravioli, and I do have to say...they are awesome.  I can't wait to make this recipe again!  They are actually pretty fast and easy to make because I used gyoza (wonton) dough from the store.  You could always make your own dough if you wanted to take the time.  I just don't have a lot of time to spare with two teenagers in the house.  I make the filling with garbanzo beans, although I think most people would typically use tofu.  I personally try to stay away from soy when I can and I think the garbanzos are great in this recipe!  This recipe will probably only serve 2-4 people.  For my family I would definitely double it, because they eat them like they are going out of style!

Raviolis 

1 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (1 ½ cups)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 ½ Tbsp Vegenaise
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp barley miso
Salt and pepper to taste
Gyoza wrappers (24)
 
Combine all the ingredients except for the gyoza wrappers in a food processor.  Mix until creamy, it doesn’t need to be completely smooth – some texture is good. 


Put a slightly rounded ½ Tbsp of mixture on the center of a gyoza wrapper.  Moisten the edges lightly with water and fold over.  Press the edges together to seal.

Drop the raviolis in boiling water for about 3-5 minutes.  Drain water and serve with your favorite sauce.

0 comments:

Post a Comment