RSS

Alfredo

 

My daughter needed me to make a main dish for her tennis banquet at school.  I was a little nervous about making something that everyone would like, especially teenagers, that didn't SCREAM vegan or healthy.   From my experience here in Idaho, most people freak out if you mention vegan - they just won't touch it.  My daughter and I came up with alfredo.  She absolutely loves it and it doesn't scream healthy or vegan.  In fact it seems very NOT vegan.  My mom gave me this recipe a while back and it is really delicious.  I have doubled the recipe, because it was not quite enough for my family of 4 (two teens).  I think I might put less salt in it next time though because it seems like a lot of salt to me.  I have also tried this with chopped broccoli and it was so delicious! I think peas would also be very good. It if fun to change up the kind of pasta you use too.  I would use probably 12-16 oz of pasta for this recipe.  I have not tried this recipe with the basil - so if you do, let me know what you think!


Alfredo
Makes 8 servings

Ingredients
1 cup raw cashews
2 Tbsp flour
½ tsp onion powder
2 ½ cups water
2 ½ tsp no chicken bouillon
2 tsp salt
2 tsp basil (optional)

 
Directions
Blend all ingredients really well in blender, until smooth.  Cook until hot and thick, stirring often with a wire whisk.  Pour over noodles.

4 comments:

imperfectlyHis said...

Oh Man!!! This is going on our menu this week!!! YUMMY!

Elisa said...

I hope you love it as much as my family! :)

LibbyLou said...

I am finally making this! We're going to have it over vegetable spaghetti! (Aka, spaghetti squash)

Elisa said...

LibbyLou - I hope you enjoy it. It is a favorite here. Sounds good on spaghetti squash - let me know how it turns out!

Post a Comment