RSS

Cookies and Cream Cookies

 

When I was little, I would love coming home from school to find my Mom had made us a special treat.  I am definitely a food lover and somehow I really felt loved when cookies, or brownies or some other goody was waiting for me.  Now that I am a mom, I love to make a special treat on Fridays for my girls to come home to.  Sure, it is usually something sugary, but it's a treat.  I usually make it on Fridays as a little celebration - "YEAH!! You survived school for the week"! -- Something to look forward too.  My husband has been on a cookie kick lately, so it has been a lot of cookies the last few weeks.  I was having trouble coming up with a cookie idea, so I asked my youngest daughter what she would like this time around.  One of her favorite candy bars is cookies and cream (she is a big white chocolate fan - not so much any other chocolate though).  She asked for a cookies and cream cookie.  So I decided to make cookies with cookies!  Why not!  So here goes...
 
 
Cookies and Cream Cookies
makes 4 dozen

Ingredients
1 1/2 tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer
2 Tbsp water
1 cup vegan butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups crushed Oreo cookies

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl whisk together the egg replacer and the water and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.  Beat in the egg replacer mixture and vanilla. 

Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a separate bowl.  Gradually add this mixture into the dough to make it nice and thick.  Add the crushed Oreo cookies and stir in well.  I used my hands to really incorporate the Oreos - so their weren't crumbs lying on the bottom of the bowl.

Roll dough into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and place on an ungreased, nonstick baking sheet about 2 inches apart.  You can use parchment paper for a quicker clean up if you'd like!  Bake for about 11-12 minutes, or until they start to turn a golden color around the edges.  Let cool on cookie sheet for about 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.


0 comments:

Post a Comment