RSS

Asian Salad Bowls


Sometimes when I've had a busy day, cooking dinner is one of the last things I feel like doing.  But I don't want us all to have to go without dinner!

A robot like Rosey from the cartoon The Jetsons would be nice.  Probably not going to happen anytime soon (or ever - unless my engineer daughter makes me one)!

So, besides maybe a bowl of cereal (my family would probably protest) I like to try to keep it simple.  So here is a quick and easy dinner for those nights I feel lazy.  It's so delicious and a nice light meal for a summer night too!



Asian Salad Bowls
Serves 4

1/4 cup water
1Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (I like to use Kikkoman from the Asian aisle)
2 rounded cups chickpeas
1 8 oz. can water chestnuts, coarsely chopped
Crunchy chow mein noodles
2 carrots, shredded
spring salad mix

Whisk together water and cornstarch in a bowl until smooth.  Stir in teriyaki sauce.  Add chickpeas and water chestnuts, stir to coat.  Marinate for 30 minutes. 

Heat a large skillet over medium heat.  Pour the chickpea mixture into skillet and heat until it is heated through, about 10 minutes.

Serve the hot chickpea mixture over the spring salad, carrots, and chow mein noodles (in that order) in individual bowls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment