RSS

Cake Batter Dip

 
Ok, This recipe might sound strange because of the ingredients, but it is ohhhh...soooo....goooood! 
 
I can't take the credit for this one though.  One of my favorite recipe creators (Chocolate Covered Katie http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/07/12/healthy-cake-batter-cookie-dough-dip/) came up with this one!  However, I tweaked it a little.  I was having a hard time coming up with a thick dip, so I changed it a little for may taste. 
 
I am telling you this girl is a GENIUS (Katie - not me)!  Who can say "no" to ANYTHING with SPRINKLES!  This dip is especially good with little sugar cookies or animal cookies - and I love apples with it, especially tart ones. 
 
The chickpeas might worry you a bit, but I'm telling you this dip is delicious and has a lot of yummy protein for your kids who are hungry for an after school snack!  I also like to use the cake mix to give it an extra cakey taste, but oatmeal is yummy too.
 
P.S.  Good luck trying not to eat this all with just a spoon! 
 
 
Cake Batter Dip
Makes: approx. 3 1/2 cups

Ingredients
3 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can)
3 tbsp cashew butter or a butter-type spread like Earth Balance
1 tbsp applesauce (or omit and increase cashew butter to 1/4c)
2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp baking soda (for flavor)
heaping 1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup xylitol or sugar
1/4 tsp butter extract
1/2 cup quick oats (or ground flax or rolled oats, or even 1/2c cake mix)
optional: sprinkles!

Directions
Drain and rinse beans very well. Blend all ingredients in a food processor until very, very smooth and creamy.  I sprinkle some sprinkles into the dip and pulse quickly a couple of times to sort of stir them in.  I then put it in a bowl and add more sprinkles on top to make it look pretty!

Dip apple slices or crackers or pretzels, spread on a banana or toast or pancakes or cookies, or eat with a spoon!  Anything your heart desires!

0 comments:

Post a Comment